Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Shop to live Salvia divinorum plants, extracts
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
November 28, 2014, 10:25:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: EMERGENCY peyote rotting :(  (Read 2731 times)
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« on: November 17, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

my peyote suffered some rot about a month back on one of its pups so i cut it off to save it. ive just done a check up and its spread to the mother part of the plant Sad when i found the first part i didnt water it (which i shouldn't of anyway as it was time to start its dormancy right?) so its spreading what should i do?? any ideas?

Knowledge is power. Guess I'm not very powerful then.
www.reflectionsofsmokeyandthebandit.blogspot.com
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »

Jade is the master of cacti. I think he loves them cause they remind him of his phallus Cheesy hahahah jk!

On a more serious note, rot needs a miracle to be stopped. You can try 3% H2O2, it kills new growth so maybe it can be saved that way or treat it with colloidal silver, I have saved a few plants that way.
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »

i couldnt get either of those because i have no idea where to get them and i dont have any money :') anyone know if its worth just chopping off the pups and letting them dry out and use them as cuttings?

its gotten alot worse over last night so i need help ASAP please i need your experience!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:34:11 PM by smokey888 » Logged

Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »

I prepared a doc for colloidal silver. Although Lucas and I have some conflict regarding the creation of colloidal silver, it is good to use boiled water Tongue
H2o2 3% you can find for about 1$ at the local drug store.
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »

cheers Smiley

Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »

Welcome Cheesy spray the rot as much as possible, it will control new growth, be it fungus or normal plant growth so don't over do it Tongue
E.L.M
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 4

Wage war to find the value of life

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »

hahahaha seems like baby love love has some "penis plant" envy  Wink

Do you have any pics? If the rot is too serious you can cut and root the pups and emergency graft the main head. Sulphur powder is also good to use against rot. I don't have any experience growing lophs myself (I hate my countries laws  Sad ) but from what I've read rot can spread pretty fast in this species. good luck  Smiley
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »

ive cut some of the bigger pups off already i got desperate. i can get some photos on tomorrow but the rot is pretty extensive its mussh all on one side of the main plant and the surrounding pups from what i can feel it goes quite deep up towards the top of the main part too Sad whats the procedure for rooting the pups?

thanks for your help so far

Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »

From what I have gathered from my cactus experience, the pup should be "self sufficient". Cut off the rot as much as you can and incline the rest in the soil, it should grow roots from there, you can always ask Jade Gnostic, he is the man when it comes to all things prickly
E.L.M
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 4

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »

haha thanks for the kind words babylove  Smiley

Cut off all the rot if possible and leave the pups to callous. Once they callous there are as many ways to root as there are cacti growers. an easy method is to put the pups on top of some coco coir leave them in a warm room and just wait. You don;t want to water until strong roots are formed.
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »

well i started to cut out the rot and i can safly say my poor peyote has had iti have less than an inche of the top main plant and theres still rot through the middle Sad

E.L.M
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 4

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »

Sorry to hear  Sad
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 07:52:07 PM »

cut out the rot and lay it in the ground. I am not an expert like Jade but I can tell you that Cactus are some tough mother fuckers!
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »

well ive cut it off and put it back onto the soil next to its chopped up roots lol ill leave it for a few weeks and see what happens and ill try rooting the 5 or so pups i managed to scavenge in a few weeks too

E.L.M
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 4

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »

I'm far from an expert, just an enthusiast  Wink

If the main plant has enough tissue left it can heal and root. I've heard cinnamon, I think, is a good anti fungal to help prevent infection. Just put some on the exposed tissue, but look into it more. I'm pretty sure it was cinnamon but not 100%.
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »

hahahaah ya that is my trick Tongue cinnamon or black pepper powder to kill fungus but I don't know if it works for rot. Only colloidal silver or H2O2 were able to save rotting plants in my case. H202 has then unfortunate consequence of killing good and bad growth, so don't use tons of H2O2.

From the garden you have JG, you are the cactus king IMO Tongue
E.L.M
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 4

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »

This was posted in another thread to oxygenate the soil. It comes in handy usin H202
http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/gardening-with-hydrogen-peroxide.html

Thanks  Grin But there are plenty of gardens from fellow memebers at other forums I would kill to have. Growing in pots and not having a backyard is very limiting. Screw buying a house I want to buy some land in oregon and build a huge greenhouse and just live there with my garden.  The dreams of an addict Grin Roll Eyes hahaha
smokey888
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 3

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »

u guys having a nice convo? lol it seems to have dryed out a bit this morning the main button looks liek it may have a chance to survive if i re root it. theres no chance of a graft as the only stock i have is a 6 inch tall trichocereus bridgesii thats only about a half inch wide so ill try and root it if it lasts long enough the pups should be ok though might try graffting them in spring

Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »

good to hear smoke, I am sure it will pull through.

You are right about growing in pots, it is a pain in the ass but necessary some times.

We do also share the same dream!  I just got myself a 360 square meter (3875 sq feet for all you Americans Cheesy) piece of land, will build a small house on an adjacent lot, no more than 600 sq feet cause big houses make me mental, I like cozy. I am never in the house anyways, I even started sleeping outside in a hammock, it is always summer here Cheesy.   I will transfer all these bad boys to that place so they can grow savagely. I had been dreaming about it for too long, so I just acquired the place so let's see!. I already planned the area, the center will be an alter of sorts to allow for ceremonies and the like. I will reserve an area for goats and chickens as well so I can produce my own cheese and fertilizer Cheesy This is the great advantage of living in the "third world" people don't give a fuck if you have farm animals on your land in the middle of the city HAAHAHAHA you can sell or trade what you produce at the local fair, I am looking forward to doing only this, growing my plants and selling produce and medicinal herbs. The local government tried to prevent people from keeping farm animals in the city but they got beat down, the government backed down. The ghetto population came down with their horse and donkey powered carts and made sure they blocked the mayor's office, shit all over the place HAHAHAH so hilarious to see a dude in a Benz trying to pass the mule and avoid road apples AHAHAHAHA

a10fjet
Explorer

Expertise 1

dividing by zero since 1992

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 10:32:30 PM »

I live in the middle of a city, population 100k and we have 4 chickens in the backyard lol Cheesy i love them, they're fun to watch! Luckily they are quiet most of the time and they arent roosters so there's no "cockadoodledoo"ing. Yeah, when the shit hits the fan, people living in countries like that will inherit the earth. So you can grow any plant you want there?

Death is nothing to us, for when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not
-Epicurus
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: