Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Shop to live Salvia divinorum plants, extracts
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
October 23, 2014, 04:55:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HBWR - The beast  (Read 437 times)
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« on: September 13, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »

Image URL: http://www.salviasource.org/images/gallery/9161.jpg

second and third flush of flowers appearing now, 1st flush was not psychoactive, flush 2 is loaded

Hero4Evz
Super Gardener

Expertise 128

Global Mod - PM me if you need help with anything!

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:44:26 AM »

Amazing plant! First flush didn't wasn't psychoactive, is this a common occurrence? I didn't even know different flushes of seeds could change that drastically.
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »

Yes strangely enough, I collected some 600 seeds, tried as I may, they were not active one bit. I was not surprised as this plant usually flowers some 18 months after germination in optimal conditions, I got mine to flower in 5!....The first flush gave viable seeds but only on the second flush (3 months later) did I get active seeds...and the pods became brown premature.

So from what I can tell in the tropics this plant seems to flower pretty much year round, with a large flush once a year.

That is why I did not send out any seeds with the first flush, didn't want people to think I was sending duds LOL even if they are for planting only ;-)

Hero4Evz
Super Gardener

Expertise 128

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:57 PM »

I knew you got that baby to flower really quickly, but would have never thought that the result was inactive seeds! That's an interesting chain of events. Now my next curiosity would be if the inactive seed would then (again maybe not on it's first flush of seeds but subsequent flushes) product active seeds or would it always create an "inactive" plant? That's sweet that it constantly is flowering and producing seeds though! So much new knowledge, brain in overload! LOL Cheesy
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:29 PM »

Good question, I think that the seed, inactive or active will produce active seeds.

The problem is getting it mature enough, and a couple of months makes a BIG difference. I read lots of shit on the net but everything has been different so far. The Inactive seed pods took 3x the time to mature, the new seed pods (flush 2) turned brown in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks. So I believe it takes one flowering before the plant will have the hormones necessary to make the psychoactive.

Now, remember the reported time of 18-24 months to flower...that is how long it will take for the first flower under "normal" conditions, which means that the first flush is probably inactive as well.

So is it worth it to get it to flower in 5 months with intensive supplementation? Yes, I do believe it is worth it cause then you have active seeds your first year!
Hero4Evz
Super Gardener

Expertise 128

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »

Active seeds in the first year ... AND a monster the size of yours! Rather than babying the plant and not getting flowers along with having a smaller plant. I've been watching Landon's grow closely and it's crazy the growth his is showing indoors under artificial lighting!
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »

Landon will get flowers AND tons of pods!

We have been working in tandem trying to see what can be done with this creature indoors.

Baby is a recent entheogen but is showing great promise, I have had a great deal of experience with this teacher

Benefits of baby IMO indoor or out:

* grows quickly
* resistant
* needs little maintenance
* Idiot proof!
* Mild to intense buzz with very little material ingested
* Great group ceremonial bond with this action
* EASY TO EXTRACT ...water and time!
* trip lasts just long enough 4-6 hours and comes down mild and pleasant
* great night sleep after
* no hangover
Mr. Sage
Cultivator

Expertise 37

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »

HBWR is the bees knees, I can't wait to grow it someday  Smiley ,  I'm growing Rivea now myself, I'm assuming that they have the same flowering habit?  Have you ever grown that ?
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »

I have never tried rivea, I don't know if they are very similar but I do believe so. The only difference is that 1 baby seed = 200 rivea. My buddy went to Rock in Rio on baby woodrose, he said it was the most fantastic experience of his life LOL 2 people now telling me it is GREAT for concerts
Mr. Sage
Cultivator

Expertise 37

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »

Rock in Rio...  Tongue Droooool Tongue  I remember that with Maiden in years past!  This one had Metallica!  Cool
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:40:58 AM by Mr. Sage » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: